Thursday, October 2, 2008

  • OK so today we made Amish friendship bread !! YUM !!! It is a 10 day process, the zip lock sits on your counter for 10 days fermenting and well ... you add a few more ingredients and WAA-LAA !!! It tastes like cinnamon crumb cake. It is more of a cake texture instead of bread and oh SO SO good. The ingredients calls for a cup of sugar and a mixture of cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top....so how could it not be good !! I really wanted to copy the recipe for all of you but (well it goes back to my complete LACK of computer knowledge, however Jen's comming over next week, we'll post it then) I could not figure out how to scan a copy from my printer to my computer. Sorry !! :) so if you want the recipe you will need to let me know ! If you ever get the chance to make it DO cause it really is YUMMY !!!!!
    All the white stuff on top of the bread is the cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top !


7 comments:

Jen said...

Yum...I can't wait to bake mine today! Thanks for the start.

Teresa said...

I'm married to Rob Adams and have met you a few times at Dusty and Jane's. Rob wanted me to tell you we were down in Monticello this summer for one of his family reunions and we were taking to his cousin's wife who recently moved down there. Danielle was telling us she liked it down there, but missed her friends up her. She knew we lived in Lehi and was naming off some of her good friends and named you and your husband. Rob told her he knew you guys very well too. What a small world! Danielle is such a cute person and we had a blast with her that weekend.

pilatesmommy said...

How did you have the patience for that. And, it even looks good enough to eat! Way to go.

Shannon said...

i love that you are doing your blog yourself...I am so PROUD of you!

I have always heard of this bread, but never tried it, i will have to give it a try!

LOVE Checkin in on you!

Terri said...

Yea!!! I am very proud of you too. I need to be better at mine. And can I just say, I love your smile in every picture. You have the happiest and contagious smile EVER.

{jane} said...

I think you hate us. It did not have the taste of friendship.

Kiana did everything for the "friendship bread" exactly as it said. perfect. We tolerated the rotten smell protruding from the bag the past 10 days, plugged our noses as she stirred in all the ingredients. We anticipated the delicious bread awaiting us after it was baked...

and, ten {Kiana, Madi, Myla, Aubree, KJ, Sela, Aline, Dusty, Danny, and I} of us have tasted it and we have all agreed.

NASTY.

{I am so sorry, I don't know what we could have done wrong!}

Melanie said...

OMG I used to have one of those starters nine years ago. Brings back memories. It is yummy!!!
I just started blogging. Proud of you for doing it alone now. It is way fun.
Melanie